di·rect mail: a marketing method in which carefully targeted prospects are presented with custom offers for goods or services via ordinary mail.
Q: What response can I expect?
A: Response varies greatly depending on who and when you are mailing as well as the effectiveness of your mail design. If you are mailing your own customer base you can expect better returns. According to the Direct Marketing Association’s 2015 DMA Response Rate Report Direct mail achieves a 3.7% response rate with a house list, and a 1.0% response rate with a prospect list.1
Q: Who should I mail to?
A: You want to target people who meet the same criteria as your best customers. You should take your time to define your ideal customer considering demographics like age, sex, marital status, income bracket, occupation, geographical location, industry, lifestyle and hobbies. Bellia’s team of experts can help you purchase a targeted list, saturate and entire area with Every Door Direct Mail, or cater your mailing to your house list.
Q: How much does Direct Mail cost?
A: Direct mail cost vary based on each campaign but will typically include:
- Postage – Bellia will help you save money by capturing bulk mail discounts even as low as .175 cents for EDDM!
- Printing costs of the mailer
- Design costs if needed
- Cost to purchase targeted lists
- Administrative costs including mailing services to sort, verify and delivery mail campaign.
- A survey by the International Communications Research revealed that 73% of consumers actually prefer traditional mail over other advertising methods.2
- In a survey by Mail Print, 70% of people said after receiving a mailer from a business they had stopped using, they renewed their relationships with them.3
- According to the Direct Marketing Association, after receiving a mailer, 44% of people visit the brands website, 34% search for them online, 26% save it for future reference.4
TIPS for a better Mailshot:
- Get a targeted list to save time and money while increasing your ROI.
- Personalize your mail piece with variable data to tailor your mail directly to your prospect.
- Use a colorful, eye-catching design to make sure your brand stands out.
- Add incentives and value with a promotion, discount, rebate or sale.
- Use a quality printer! With Bellia we make sure the final professional and appealing, and gets to your audience on time!
Have more questions or want to learn more? Call us today to speak directly with a sales representative, or fill out a quote request today!